Timeline for PSC 5.0
June 2018-September 2018: EXPLORATORY MEETINGS
- Voluntary exploratory meetings. During this time, the Office of Transformation and Innovation will be available to schedule initial meetings with potential Applicant Teams regarding the Public School Choice process. Please contact Shakeatha Butler (Director, Office of Transformation and Innovation) for more information: email@example.com (972) 925-3306.
September 14, 2018: Letter of Intent DUE BY 11:59 pm.
- LOIs are required from all Applicant Teams in order to be eligible to submit a proposal into the PSC 5.0 competitive proposal selection process.
September 2018-December 2018: PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT WORKSHOPS
- Series of workshops held by the Office of Transformation and Innovation about the proposal design and development process for Applicant Teams. Attendance is required for at least 3 different sessions
- Note: during this time, Applicant Teams will also be able to receive individual support on their draft proposal from the Dallas ISD Office Transformation and Innovation. Individual sessions will have to be booked in advance and will depend on availability. Please contact Shakeatha Butler (Director, Office of Transformation and Innovation) for more information: Shakeatha Butler or (972) 925-3306
January 8, 2019: Final Proposal DUE BY 11:59pm.
- Email completed Proposal Template to: Shakeatha Butler.
- Note: final submissions must follow the required proposal guidelines and requirements and should include: (1) Copy of submitted Letter of Intent; (2) Completed Proposal Template; and (3) Attachments.
January 2019 – February 2019: PROPOSAL SCORING AND SELECTION ROUNDS
- School Choice Committees (SCC) will convene to review and score written proposals
- SCC interviews Applicant Teams who make it out of the Written Review Round
- Superintendent's Panel reviews SCC recommendations and makes final selection
- Note: all Applicant Teams will be made aware of their status during the second week of February thru end of February 2018
February 2019: PLANNING RUNWAYS BEGIN FOR APPROVED PROPOSALS
- Transformation and Transformation Replication Schools begin planning for an August 2019 launch. May or may not qualify for additional planning year. Will receive intensive, individualized support from the Office of Transformation and Innovation
- Innovation Schools and Choice Programs/Pilots begin planning for an August 2019 launch. Will receive intensive, individualized support from the Office of Transformation and Innovation