Thomas Graydon Terry
Born August 24, 1849, in Typpah, Mississippi, T.G. Terry moved to Dallas in 1868 where he became a cab driver from Bryan to Jefferson Street. In the Spring of 1870, he returned to Mississippi where he farmed until 1872. T.G. Terry later returned to Dallas and went into the mill business with his three brothers. In 1887, Mr. Terry was elected as a member of the Board of Education and was continually re-elected until he resigned in 1894 to accept the position of Secretary of the Board. From 1891 to 1892, he was President of the Board. T. G. Terry and his family were prominent civic-minded citizens of Dallas.