Student success in school is directly tied to attendance. Responsibility for attending class lies with the student and parent. It is expected that your child attend each day for the duration of school. Attendance counts from 7:45-3:00 each day.
Supervision is not provided for students who arrive prior to 7:15 a.m. Students arriving after 7:45 a.m. will be marked TARDY by their teacher. School begins at 7:45 a.m. Only parents of Pre-K students may escort their child to the classroom.
The instructional day begins at 7:45 a.m. daily and all parents without an appointment or without a need for assistance, are asked to exit the building no later than 7:50 a.m. If a conference with the teacher is needed, please contact the school counselor at (972) 749-4024 to schedule an appointment during the instructor’s conference time.
Parents of Pre-K students that wish to escort their child to class should enter and exit the building via the rear entrance that leads to the Pre-K hallway. Only parents of Pre-K students may escort their child to the classroom.
Kinder, 1st, 2nd , 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade Students-
Should enter the building through the main doors at the front of the building and go to their designated areas until the instructor arrives to escort them to class. If the student arrives after 7:45 a.m., he/she should get a tardy pass in the main office and then go directly to class.
If a student is absent from class, make sure they bring:
- A note from a parent/guardian stating the date(s) of the absence(s) and the reason (s) for the absence
- A note from the doctor/hospital with the date(s) of the absence(s) and the reason(s) for the absence,within three (3) days of returning back to school.
- Being on time is an important habit for each student to learn. Students should arrive to school no later than 7:35 a.m. Students that are not in class at 7:45 a.m. will be marked as TARDY.
- Three (3) Tardies= 1 unexcused Absence.
- Tardy students must receive a Tardy Pass from the main office before entering the classroom.
- Make sure your child is in school on TIME EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
- Make arrangements for students when they are dismissed from school.
- Pre-Kindergarten through Fifth grade students are dismissed at 3:00 p.m. daily.
- All students should be picked up no later than 3:30 p.m. as a safety precaution as there will be no staff members available to supervise your child.
- Only parents of Pre-K students are allowed into the building to pick up students at the rear door of the hallway and must exit the rear door of the hallway.
Pre-K students without a sibling attending our school must be picked up from their Pre-K classroom by the parent/guardian and sign-out the child with the teacher. PreK parents must enter and exit at the rear door of the PreK hallway.
Pre-K students who will be picked up by a sibling that attends our school will be picked up from the classsroom then go to the car rider spot in the auditorium, or bus riders, or the walker line.
BUS RIDERS (K-5)
K-5 grade level students that ride the bus are released at 2:56 p.m. to board the district school bus.
CAR RIDERS (K-5)
K-5 car riders will be held inside the auditorium until the parent arrives via the car/bus loading area in front of the building to pick-up the child. Student will NOT be released to parents that walk-up to the front door of the building. Only parents that have a vehicle in the car/bus loading area will be allowed to pick-up their child from the main entrance area.
K-5 grade level students that walk home are released at 2:56 p.m. via the side entrance of the building and are allowed to walk home on their own. The crossing guard will assist student walkers as they cross to the other side of the street.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- What should I do if I do not want to drive my car through the car/bus loading area to pick up my child? Answer: Your child will be considered a walker, and he/she will exit via the side entrance. The parent can wait in their parked vehicle for their child and/or get out of the vehicle and meet their child at the side entrance as the child exits the building.
- What should I do if I walk to the school to pick up my child? Answer: Your child is considered a walker and the parent/guardian should meet the child at the side entrance as the child exits the building.
- What if my child walks home but a situation occurs and I do not want my child to walk home but wait to be picked up? Answer: The parent should contact the school in advance of the arrangements so that the child can be notified before dismissal.
- What can I do as a parent if my student walker crosses the street to get to my car? Answer: The crossing guard will assist all students that cross the street in the designated crossing area. Make sure that your child knows to go to the designated area to cross the street.
NOTE: Whenever there is a change to the student’s normal dismissal arrangement, the parent MUST contact the school in advance so that preparations are in place.
- Students are expected to stay at school from the time they arrive until the end of the school day which is 3:00.
- If a student has to leave early, a parent/guardian must come to the main office, present proper identification, and check the student out of school.
- If you designate a person to pick up your child, the designee must present a picture ID and must be listed on your child’s contact information.
Notify your child’s teacher if a transfer will take place. Transfers are expected when students have moved out of the Martin Weiss attendance zone. All transfers must be done in person. In order to have all records cleared, a student must have:
- Turned in all text/library books and/or paid for lost books.
- The custodial parent/guardian will be the only person permitted to complete withdrawal/transfer procedures.
- The campus Data Controller needs a minimum of one (1) day prior notice to prepare students records when withdrawing from school.
- All visitors, including parents, family members, and volunteers must report to the main office with a picture ID for a visitor’s ID badge upon entering the school. Open access to school premises is prohibited. All visitors without a pass may be escorted to the office to obtain a visitor's badge for safety purposes.