GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Dallas ISD Alternative Certification Program seeks to help candidates that are passionate about the success of students. We provide a substantial amount of support to assist you along the process, however before doing so there are a few minimal requirements needed to enter the program.
- Application Fee: $75
- Teacher Pre-Screen: $20
- A Professional Resume
- Completion of Background Check & Fingerprinting
- Completion of Face-to-Face Interview
- Three (3) Professional References
- A Bachelor’s degree conferred by an institution of higher education that is recognized by one of the regional accrediting agencies in the THECB.*
- An overall Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale*
- Must be 18 years of age or older
English Language Proficiency
If a candidate’s bachelor’s degree is from Puerto Rico or a college or university outside of the United States candidates must pass all four parts of the TOEFL-iBT, including a minimum score of 24 on the oral portion, 22 on the listening portion, 22 on the reading portion, and 21 on the writing (Institution Code: 8613). Unfortunately, we are not accepting visa applications at this time.
Educators with a conferred undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States, not including US Territories DO NOT have to take the TOEFL-iBT.
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited transcript evaluation company from the approved list of the evaluation companies (available on the TEA website). For more information regarding TEA English Language Proficiency guidelines click here.
*Official transcripts are needed to verify your bachelor's degree, transcripts must be in a sealed envelope, addressed to Dallas ISD Alternative Certification Program, and mailed to the administrative office. (9400 N Central Expressway, Suite 1400 Dallas, Texas 75231). Transcripts can also be emailed from your college or university electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM CYCLE DATES?
If you're interested in the specific dates concerning the Dallas ISD AC Program, please find the infographics below:
- Phase 52 Non-Pre-Admission Content Test Program Cycle
- Phase 52 Pre-Admission Content Test Program Cycle
- Phase 51 Non-Pre-Admission Content Test Program Cycle
- Phase 51 Pre-Admission Content Test Program Cycle