If you do not meet the undergraduate hours in the certification area you are seeking, be prepared to take the TX-PACT in that particular area.
TExES exams will no longer be used for PACT purposes beginning 1/27/2020. For more information on this transition please click here.
Note: All supplemental subjects must be paired with a non-supplemental subject area for admission.
Limited availability for Art, Music, and Physical Education certifications.
What is the difference between Bilingual and ESL?
In an English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom, students who speak many different languages are all taught by the same teacher. The teacher only speaks English and is not required to speak the native language of any members of the class. All teaching is done in English.
In a Bilingual Education classroom, all the students in the class speak the same language. The teacher also speaks the language. The way that a bilingual education class generally works is that the teacher teaches in both English and the students' native language, eventually switching over to teaching only in English.
What are the program cycle dates and timelines?
If you're interested in the specific dates concerning the Dallas ISD AC Program, please find the infographics below:
- Phase 57: TBD
- Phase 56: Full Program Cycle
- Phase 55: Full Program Cycle
- Phase 54: Full Program Cycle
- Phase 53: Full Program Cycle
- Phase 52: Non-Pre-Admission Content Test Program Cycle
- Phase 52: Pre-Admission Content Test Program Cycle
- Phase 51: Non-Pre-Admission Content Test Program Cycle
- Phase 51: Pre-Admission Content Test Program Cycle