Please refer to our detailed expense summary for a comprehensive overview of costs associated with pre-service training, licensure and district hiring
Fees Paid To Dallas ISD
Application Fee (non-refundable)
Phase I: Content Test Training & Preparation
Phase II: Pre-Service Training & PPR Test Preparation
Mentor Teacher Fee
Phase III: Internship Tuition
Fees Paid To Other Organizations
Candidate Pre - Screener
TX PACT Exam
TExES PPR Exam
TExES Content Exam
Probationary Teaching Certificate
Standard Teaching Certificate
TOEFL-iBT test (out of country applicants) Institution Code for Score Reporting: 8316
NOTE: The cost estimates are provided as a guideline for interested applicants and are subject to change without notice.
Ways to Pay for TrainingAutomatic Payroll Deduction*: Applicants who are selected into the program will be automatically enrolled into payroll deductions during Phase III (the internship stage). Please note that you must successfully complete the program and meet all the requirements in order to be eligible for this option. If you withdraw from the program or you do not successfully complete it, you are responsible for covering all costs.
Loans or Scholarships: If you are interested in pursuing a loan to assist with tuition expenses, you must do so independently, as eligibility varies.
- Please click HERE for information on a scholarship from the Texas Retired Teachers Association.
- Troops to Teachers: Funding may be available for United States military veterans. Interns should reach out directly to Troops to Teachers to learn more.
- Additional scholarships are sometimes made available to Dallas ISD ACP interns through North Texas workforce entities. More information will be shared directly with those eligible for this assistance.
- The Texas Education Agency maintains a list of financial aid sources for those interested in teaching. Feel free to explore these as you wish.
- Sign up for a free TeachDFW account to get reimbursed for up to $100 of your application-related expenses (like our application and testing fees) and be eligible to win a $1000 scholarship toward your tuition.
- Dallas ISD ACP has partnered with the Association of Hispanic School Administrators (AHSA) to provide special scholarships to qualifying applicants. These applicants are selected as funds are available, so if you are interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule of Services & Fees
Application deadline: July 20, 2020, for ELAR 7-12 w/ESL and LOTE (Spanish) applicants
Application deadline: August 31, 2020, for General (all other certification area) applicants