Please refer to our detailed expense summary for a comprehensive overview of costs associated with pre-service training, licensure and district hiring
Fees Paid To Dallas ISD
Application Fee (non-refundable)
Phase I: Content Test Training & Preparation (Non-PACT Only)
Phase II: Pre-Service Training & PPR Test Preparation
Phase III: Internship Tuition
Fees Paid To Other Organizations
Candidate Pre - Screener
TExES PPR Exam
TExES Content Exam
Probationary Teaching Certificate
Standard Teaching Certificate
TOEFL-iBT test (out of country applicants) Institution Code for Score Reporting: 8316
NOTE: The cost estimates are provided as a guideline for interested applicants and are subject to change without notice.
Ways to Pay for TrainingAutomatic Payroll Deduction*: Applicants who are selected into the program will be automatically enrolled into payroll deductions during Phase III (the internship stage). Please note that you must successfully complete the program and meet all the requirements in order to be eligible for this option. If you withdraw from the program or you do not successfully complete it, you are responsible for covering all costs.
Loans or Scholarships: If you are interested in pursuing a loan to assist with tuition expenses, you must do so independently, as eligibility varies.
- Please click HERE for information on a scholarship from the Texas Retired Teachers Association.
- Troops to Teachers: Funding may be available for United States military veterans. Interns should reach out directly to Troops to Teachers to learn more.
- Additional scholarships are sometimes made available to Dallas ISD ACP interns through North Texas workforce entities. More information will be shared directly with those eligible for this assistance.
- The Texas Education Agency maintains a list of financial aid sources for those interested in teaching. Feel free to explore these as you wish.
- Need help navigating the application process or paying for your test registration fee? Sign up for My Application Coach from our partners at TeachDFW for free! After registering, you’ll get access to an interactive application checklist, one-on-one support, and more. Sign Up Here
Schedule of FeesPlease refer to the information below regarding when fees would be paid.Due to Complete Application
- $75 Application Fee
- $20 Pre - Screener
- $118.87 PACT - TExES Content Exam (if needed)
- $205 TOEFLE-iBT (if needed - cost varies by state)
Due after Offer Acceptance
- $48.25 Fingerprinting
Due at Phase I (Content Exam Training)
- $200 Phase I Fee
- $118.87 TExES Content Exam
Due at Phase II (Pre-Service Training)
- $635 Phase II Fee
- $118.87 TExES PPR Exam
Due at the beginning of Phase III (Internship)
- $78 Probationary Teaching Certificate
- $118.87 TExES PPR Exam (if not passed in Phase II)
Due at the end of Phase III (Internship)
- $4,125 Internship Tuition - Payroll Deducted Monthly Over 10 Months
- $500 Mentor Teacher Fee - Payroll Deducted Monthly Over 10 Months
- $78 Standard Teaching Certificate