About Lee Gresham Pinkston
An eminent African American doctor known for his strong civic leadership, Dr. Lee Gresham Pinkston received his M.D. degree at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tenn.
He and his family moved to Texas in 1910. In 1927, he opened the Pinkston Clinic Hospital, which was the only operating clinic serving the African American community. He was the first of five African American doctors on the staff of St. Paul Hospital, where he remained until his death in 1961.
Named after Dr. Lee Gresham Pinkston, Pinkston High School opened on November 15, 1964.
About Our School
9th - 12th
Black and Gold
Number of Teachers
9:05a - 4:20p
Comprehensive, Law Magnet and Collegiate Academy
School Division/Feeder Pattern:
Schools Division 3-Pinkston High School Feeder Pattern