*NOTE: Special Programs, such as Magnet, Choice School & Special Education will not be found in the “Find My Route - Regular 2 Mile” link.
- Special Programs
*NOTE: Please call Student Transportation Services at 972-925-4BUS.
- Special Education
*NOTE: Please be sure to reach out to your campus OR call Student Transportation Services at 972-925-4BUS.
- Coming Soon!
Every passenger, every bus, every seatbelt, always on!
It is a Legal Issue
Texas State Law requires that students are required to wear seatbelts in a school bus that has seat belts for every passenger. Dallas ISD has school buses that have seat belts for every passenger. As a result, all passengers are required by law to wear seat belts anytime they are on a Dallas ISD school bus.
It is a Safety Issue
Buses are the safest form of transportation for students going to and from school. Seatbelts provide the extra measure of security for passengers on the school bus in the unfortunate event of an accident.
To read the state law for wearing a seatbelt on school bus, please click the link below:
Classroom on Wheels!
It helps to think of a school bus as a “classroom” on wheels. Teaching students to understand that the rules that exist in a classroom essentially exist in a school bus. This includes seating assignments. Teachers use seating assignments in their classroom to help create a better learning environment for their students. In the same way, a bus driver is authorized to seating assignments to help create a safer environment for the students trip. The only difference is teachers assign seats at a desk while bus drivers will assign bus seats. The seating assignment on a school bus usually uses a number system like the illustration below:
Seating Assignment Guidelines:
- Every student will have an assigned seat on their route bus for the duration of the school year.
- The bus driver is required to assign seats for every passenger and submit an accurate seating chart by the 4th Friday of the new school year.
- The seating chart will document the students seat assignment, first and last name, school campus and grade.
- The bus driver can and may reassign a student to a different seat temporarily or permanently.
- Any questions about a students seating assignment can be presented by calling 972-925-4BUS.
The Student Code of Conduct is required by state law and is intended to promote a positive learning environment and safe schools.
Public Transportation - via Dallas Rapid Transit (DART)
- To ensure timely, efficient and secure distribution of DART pass (es) to students eligible for school bus transportation per Board Policy CNA (LEGAL) and CNA (LOCAL).
- CNA (LEGAL): “A school district may use the state transportation allotment to provide a bus pass or card for another transportation system to each student who is eligible to use the regular transportation system of the district but for whom the regular transportation system of the district is not a feasible method of providing transportation. Education Code 42.155(l).
- FDC (LEGAL) indicates that a homeless student may continue in the school of origin for the duration of homelessness. This includes situations in which the child’s family becomes homeless between academic years or for the remainder of the academic year, if the child becomes permanently housed during an academic year.
- FDC (LOCAL) The District shall provide transportation to a student who is homeless to and from the school of origin, as provided by law. CNA (LEGAL) As a condition of receiving funds under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, a district shall ensure that transportation is provided, at the request of the parent or guardian (or in the case If such a student ceases to be homeless, and if requested by the parent, guardian, or unaccompanied youth, the District shall continue to provide transportation to and from the school of origin through the end of the school year.
- CNA (LEGAL) Regular eligible student” means a student who resides two or more miles from the student’s campus of regular attendance, measured along the shortest route that may be traveled on public roads, and who is not classified as a student eligible for special education services. Education Code 42.155(b)(1).
- Parents/Guardians - Please contact your child's campus.
- Campus Staff ONLY - DART Pass Request Form
- DART pass request sent via email to: Campus Staff DART Pass Request - Transportation Services Department or Campus Staff DART Pass Request - Operation Business Services Department