Counseling Services supports counselors and administrators in implementing high quality counseling programs that promote student achievement. School counselors are proactive educators who facilitate the positive academic, career, personal/social and emotional development of students and provide interventions which remove barriers to learning. The counseling department expects equitable and accessible services for all students and families.
- Assist principals/administrator with the counselor appraisal process
- Provide support, training, and direction to counselors
- Conduct Spot Observation for School Counselors
- Assist in the screening of highly qualified counselors as vacancies arise
Higher Education Initiatives:
- Assist counselors in developing a college-going culture in the school
- Conduct Senior Records Review for accuracy
- Designed a template to help counselor to do Cohort Tracking
- Designed a tracking form to track: Post-Secondary Applications, FAFSA
- Applications, Scholarships, SAT/ACT exams
- Provide specific training on graduation requirements, dual credit, AP
- Advanced Measures, course planner, etc.