Dallas Independent School District’s Mission Statement
"Educating all students for success."
W.H. Adamson High School’s
“All Together Adamson. Learning Today. LeadingTomorrow.”
"As a unified force, we will collaborate with the community and be accountable for our learning."
"Adamson empowers life-long learners that contribute to a 21st century society."W.H. Adamson Professional Learning Community’s (PLC) Core Values
1. Maximized Time-on-Task with high levels of student engagement
2. Collaboration/Teamwork create strength among all stakeholders; thus, greater success
3. Accountability for All – including elective teachers, coaches, counselors, librarians, clerks, custodians, students, parents, community
The Faculty of W. H. Adamson will…
- teach students the learning expectations of our campus through explicit instruction, demonstration, and continuous modeling;
- clearly communicate the behavior expectations of our campus and the consequences of misbehavior;
- consistently and quickly apply the appropriate discipline for misbehavior;
- constantly involve Adamson’s parents in educating students; and
- regularly collect data to assess progress and make adjustments as needed for continuous improvement.
GOAL 1: All students will exhibit Satisfactory or above on performance on State assessments. Students below Satisfactory performance will demonstrate more than one year of academic growth.
GOAL 2: Dallas ISD schools will be the primary choice for families in the district.
GOAL 3: The achievement gap by race, ethnicity, and social economic status will be no greater than 10% on all academic measures.
GOAL 4: 95% of students will graduate. Of the graduates, 90% have the qualifying scores for community college, college, military, or industry certification.
GOAL 5: 95% of entering kindergarten students are school-ready on a multi-dimensional assessment.
GOAL 6: All students will participate in at least one extracurricular or co-curricular activity each year.
"To thee dear Adamson, our hearts shall ever grateful be,
With honor and glory crowned through all your history.
To thee, dear blue and white,
We pledge our loyalty.
We love thee whatever may come, defeat or victory."
"On you Leopards, On you Leopards,
Plunge right through that line.
Run the ball around the Bisons,
Touchdown sure this time.
Rah! Rah! Rah!
On you Leopards, On you Leopards,
Fight on for your fame.
Go Leopards, fight and we will win this game!"