PSC 5.0 Resources
- Letter of Intent
- Note: due by 11:59PM, September 14, 2018
- LOIs are required from all Applicant Teams in order to be eligible to submit a proposal into the PSC 5.0 competitive proposal selection process.
- PSC 5.0 Proposal Application Template
- Note: due by 11:59PM, January 8 2019
About Dallas Independent School District (Dallas ISD)
- General Information: the Dallas Independent School District sits in the heart of a large, diverse and dynamic region with a metropolitan population of 6.5 million people in the 12 counties in North Central Texas. Dallas ISD comprises 384 square miles and encompasses the cities of Dallas, Cockrell Hill, Seagoville, Addison, Wilmer and parts of Carrollton, Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Garland, Grand Prairie, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster and Mesquite. The district is the second-largest public school district in the state, and the 14th-largest district in the nation
- Teaching and Learning
- Teacher Excellence Initiative: TEI, the district wide teacher evaluation system, defines and evaluates teacher excellence through three lenses: performance, student achievement and student experience surveys that encourage and reward excellence in the classroom and beyond.
- Texas Academic Performance Report: Texas Academic Performance Report is the Texas Education Agency's (TEA) accountability system for evaluating school districts and campuses. The following reports are published in .pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print.
- What is Public School Choice?
- Socioeconomic Diversity Pilot: beginning in August of 2016, Dallas ISD will launch Solar Preparatory School for Girlsas the district's first "Socioeconomic Diversity Pilot" school. Student enrollment practices, while often overlooked, can have a huge impact on student achievement because they can shape the socioeconomic makeup of the student body. In 1966, the influential Coleman Report found that the largest predictor of academic achievement is the socioeconomic status (SES) of the student’s family and that the second largest predictor is the socio-economic makeup of the student body in the school itself.
- TEA Home
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills-TEKS: this site will provide you with information on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), which are the state standards for what students should know and be able to do.
- State Graduation Requirements
- Side-by-Side Comparison: Graduation Program to be Implemented Beginning in 2014-15
- Letter of Intent