Public School Choice (PSC) Resources
About Dallas Independent School District (Dallas ISD)
- General Information: The Dallas Independent School District sits in the heart of a large, diverse and dynamic region with a metropolitan population of 6.5 million people in the 12 counties in North Central Texas. Dallas ISD comprises 384 square miles and encompasses the cities of Dallas, Cockrell Hill, Seagoville, Addison, Wilmer and parts of Carrollton, Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Garland, Grand Prairie, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster and Mesquite. The district is the second-largest public school district in the state, and the 14th-largest district in the nation.
- Teaching and Learning
- Teacher Excellence Initiative: TEI, the district wide teacher evaluation system, defines and evaluates teacher excellence through three lenses: performance, student achievement and student experience surveys that encourage and reward excellence in the classroom and beyond.
- Texas Academic Performance Report: Texas Academic Performance Report is the Texas Education Agency's (TEA) accountability system for evaluating school districts and campuses. The following reports are published in .pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print.
Innovation Starts Here Flowchart
This document was designed by the OTI Team to help campuses get started on their quest towards innovation.
Instructional Model Continuums were created with in district stakeholders to identify best practices for innovation within specific models. The purpose of the this tool is to support teams to have a shared language within the model and self identify a path for improvement.
- STEM/STEAM Continuum Standards & Growth Indicators
- The STEM/STEAM Innovation Continuum is a tool that fosters a growth mindset as educators reflect and self-identify successes and areas of need. As we refine and grow in our practices, we ensure that each campus has the highest quality program for all students.
- Leadership Innovation Continuum Standards & Growth Indicators
- The Leadership Innovation Continuum is a tool that fosters a growth mindset as educators reflect and self-identify successes and areas of need. As we refine and grow in our practices, we ensure that each campus has the highest quality program for all students.
- Montessori Public School Implementation Continuum
- Purpose: This document is intended to support Montessori schools within Dallas ISD as they seek to implement programs that align to the standards and practices as outlined by global Montessori organizations such as Association Montessori International (AMI) and American Montessori Society (AMS) and the expectations of Dallas ISD. The continuum is not designed to be evaluative and should be used in tandem with the practices taught by Maria Montessori regarding observation, the prepared environment, and the prepared adult. Please refer to supporting documents for a full understanding of the Dallas ISD Montessori philosophy. It is our belief that Public Montessori Can Work.
- Dallas ISD IB Program Standards and Practices Continuum
- Purpose: This document is intended to support IB World Schools within Dallas ISD as they seek to implement a program that aligns to the Standards and Practices as outlined by the International Baccalaureate Organization. The continuum is not designed to be evaluative and should be used in tandem with resources and documents provided by the International Baccalaureate Organization.
- Personalized Learning Readiness Continuum
- The PL Readiness Continuum captures systems and actions at the campus level that help to establish personalized learning campuses. This continuum is carefully scaffolded across four levels of readiness and has been designed to identify where schools are at in their journey to true personalization.
- TEA Home
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills-TEKS: This site will provide you with information on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), which are the state standards for what students should know and be able to do.
Design an OTI School - Public School Choice
Timeline and Proposal Templates