PSC 6.0 Timeline Summary
PSC 6.0 Timeline Details
Application Process Opens
Release of the:
Voluntary exploratory meetings. During this time, the Office of Transformation and Innovation is available to schedule initial meetings with potential Applicant Teams regarding the Public School Choice process.
Please contact Shakeatha Butler (Director, Office of Transformation and Innovation) for more information: email@example.com / (972) 925-3419.
September 9, 2019:
Due: Letter of Intent (see Public School Choice Proposal). Submit/Upload here
LOIs are required from all Applicant Teams to be eligible to submit a proposal in the PSC 6.0 process. Letters of Intent are due by 11:59 p.m. You may submit/upload your completed Letter of Intent here
Proposal Development and Support Workshops
- Series of workshops held by the Office of Transformation and Innovation about the proposal design and development process for Applicant Teams.
- Attendance is required for at least three different sessions.
Note: During this time, Applicant Teams will also be able to receive individual support on their draft proposal from the Dallas ISD Office Transformation and Innovation. Individual sessions will need to be booked in advance and will depend on availability.
Please contact Shakeatha Butler (Director, Office of Transformation and Innovation) for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org / (972) 925-3306.
January 7, 2020:
Due: Final Proposal
- Due by 11:59 p.m.
- Email completed Proposal to: email@example.com.
- Note: Final submissions must follow the required proposal guidelines and requirements and should include: (1) Copy of submitted Letter of Intent; (2) Completed Proposal; and (3) Attachments.
Jan.- Feb. 2020:
Proposal Scoring and Selections Rounds
1. School Choice Committee (SCC) convenes to review and score written proposals.
2. SCC interviews Applicant Teams who pass the Written Review Round.
3. Superintendent's Panel reviews SCC recommendations and makes final selection.
Note: All Applicant Teams will be made aware of their status from the second week of February thru end of February 2018.
Planning Period Begins
- Transformation and Transformation Replication Schools begin planning for an August 2020 launch. Selected schools may or may not qualify for additional planning year.
- Innovation Schools and Choice Programs/Pilots begin planning for an August 2020 launch.
The Office of Transformation and Innovation will provide intensive, individualized support during the planning period.