Public School Choice (PSC) 8.0
PSC 8.0 Timeline Details
Application Process Opens
Release of the:
Letter of Intent (LOI)
Public School Choice(PSC) 8.0 Proposal template
August - September 2021:
Applicant teams are required to attend one-hour orientation session. During this time, the Office of Transformation and Innovation will orient teams to the Public School Choice process.
Friday, September 24, 2021:
Letter of Intent(LOI) Due
LOIs are required from all Applicant Teams to be eligible to submit a proposal in the PSC 8.0 process. Letters of Intent are due by 11:59 p.m.
SUBMIT your completed LOI here.
September - December 2021:
Proposal Development and Support Sessions
Series of virtual and, when possible, face-to-face workshops about the proposal design and development process for applicant teams.
Note: During this time, Applicant Teams will also be able to receive individual support on their draft proposal from the Dallas ISD Office Transformation and Innovation. Individual sessions will need to be booked in advance and will depend on availability.
Tuesday, January 18, 2022:
Final Proposal Due
- Due by 11:59 p.m.
- Submission instructions will be provided to applicant teams who have met the minimum session attendance requirement.
- Note: Final submissions must follow the required proposal guidelines and requirements and should include: (1) Copy of submitted Letter of Intent; (2) Completed Proposal; and (3) Attachments.
January - February 2022:
Proposal Scoring and Selections Rounds
- School Choice Committee (SCC) convenes to review and score written proposals.
- SCC interviews Applicant Teams who pass the Written Review Round.
- Superintendent's Panel reviews SCC recommendations and makes final selection.
Note: All Applicant Teams will be made aware of their status by the end of February 2022.
February - August 2022:
Planning Runway Begins for Approved PSC 8.0 Proposals
- Innovation Schools and Innovation Pilots begin planning for an August 2022 launch.
- Transformation and Transformation Replication schools may or may not require a year of planning.
The Office of Transformation and Innovation will provide intensive, individualized support during the planning period.