Application Review and Selection Process
The District is committed to a rigorous authorization process and will grant Partnerships only to applicants that have demonstrated the competence and capacity to improve student outcomes through the proposed Partnership. The District will consider an application if the applicant:
- Meets the eligibility requirements for a Partnership in accordance with law;
- Follows the application process established by the District; and
- Provides assurances that the applicant will comply with the statutory and District requirements for a Partnership.
The application process includes:
- A comprehensive written application;
- A rigorous review of the application by a partnership application review committee using criteria established by the District;
- A formal recommendation from the review committee to the Superintendent or designee for approval or denial of each application;
- Superintendent or designee review of committee recommendations; development of a partnership management agreement and performance contract for each partner recommended for approval by the Superintendent or designee;
- A formal recommendation from the Superintendent or designee to the Board for approval or denial of each application;
- A vote by the Board to approve or deny each application including each proposed partnership management agreement and performance contract;
- District application to TEA for approval of benefits for Board-approved Partnerships;
- A decision by TEA to approve or deny benefits for proposed Partnerships.