WHAT TYPES OF ABSENCES MAY BE EXCUSED?
- Child's illness or injury
- Family emergency (Approval from students AP)
- Death of a family member (Funeral Home Program or note from the Funeral Home)
- Doctor or dental appointments that cannot be scheduled before or after school hours (Note from healthcare provider)
- Religious holy days
- Court appearances (Court receipt required)
- DMV for Learner Permit or Driver License (DMV receipt required)
- College Visit (Must be on College Letterhead)
- Citizenship ceremony/appointment (letter from DHS)
HOW TO SUBMIT EXCUSE NOTES
- According to Dallas ISD Policy parents should turn in an excuse note to the
school attendance office within three days of returning to school.
- Excuse notes can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email above is ONLY for excuse note submission not to request VOEs or Transcripts.
- Excuse notes must include Student name, ID, grade, date of absence, reason
and parent signature.
- See below to download a blank excuse/absence note (optional).
HOW TO SUBMIT EXCUSE NOTES FOR CAREER INSTITUTE STUDENTS
- Excuse notes can be submitted by email to Alecastillo@dallasisd.org. The email above is ONLY for excuse note submission not to request VOEs or Transcripts.