Pinkston Collegiate Internship Opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity to explore careers in the Business Management, Information Technology and Health Science pathways during a six-week paid or unpaid summer internship. High school rising seniors will be selected to participate in this program to fulfill their commitment to Pinkston Collegiate Academy.
The internship is viewed as an educational opportunity for students rather than a part-time job. As such, the internship will include training and will focus primarily on learning and developing new skills and gaining a deeper understanding of concepts through hands-on application of the knowledge learned in class.
Criteria for Selection
- Students must be at least 16 years old by June 10, 2019 and must be able to work in the U.S.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 (85%) average and a solid attendance record
- Students must currently be a junior at Pinkston Collegiate Academy
- Students must attend the following work readiness workshops before participating in the internship experience
- Mocktail Reception and Networking Event on Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:30p – 7:30p *transportation provided
- One-on-One Mentoring Session – Resume Critique Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 from 12:00n - 1:00p at El Centro College West Campus W212
- Pinkston Collegiate Academy Summer Internship Job Fair Date: Monday, May 20th fro 10:00a - 12:00n *bring 2 resumes
How to Apply
Students who are selected must apply for 5 or more paid or unpaid internship opportunities by Friday, May 3, 2019. Applications are available on the Pinkston High School website located under the Pinkston Collegiate tab. Please submit a copy of the confirmation email to the Academy Coordinator for documentation by the deadline listed above.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Kendra Armstrong at (972) 502- 2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.