The 2021-2022 application period is open.
NEW DEADLINE OF SEPTEMBER 24, 2021
About the Innovation Engine:
You're Invited! The Innovation Engine is an opprtunity for funding through an application process. This program will annually provide up to 20 Dallas ISD neighborhood schools with $50,000 each to support them in exploring and implementing an innovative program or initiative. This is your Invitation to Innovation.
Cycle Three Application Process and Timeline* for the 2021-2022 School Year
Eligible applicants include principals of neighborhood schools that have not previously received funding through OTI. Innovation Schools, Transformation Schools, and wall-to-wall Magnet Schools are not eligible for funding. Neighborhood schools with Magnet or other application-based programs may apply for an initiative that will support their general student body.
If you are unsure of your school's eligibility, please reach out to Shakeatha Butler using the contact information below to confirm.
The Innovation Engine program is designed to be accessible and seamless for all school teams. Applicants must fulfill the following limited requirements to participate:
- Submit a brief proposal by the stated deadline using the application form linked below.
- If selected, participate in a fall and spring campus visit or support meeting with District staff.
- Additional support and professional development resources will be made available to awardess upon request.
- Application (PDF), Application (forced copy)
- Applications may be handwritten or typed. In order to type your application, first download and save the form to your computer; do not complete the form in a browser window as your work will not be saved. Due to variability in technology platforms, we strongly recommend confirming the application form's compatibility with your system including the ability to save a typed copy of the form prior to completing the application. Contact Shakeatha Butler using the information at the bottom of this page with any questions.
- Upload a scanned copy of your completed application form to Innovation Engine Application Submission Portal by 4:59 pm on September 24, 2021.
- Sign-up for Live Q & A Virtual Information Sessions here.
Questions? Contact OTI Director, Shakeatha Butler at email@example.com or 972-925-3419.