The 2020-2021 application period is closed.
About the Innovation Engine:
You're Invited! The Innovation Engine is the District's newest grant application process. This program will annually provide up to 20 Dallas ISD neighborhood schools with $50,000 each to support them in exploring and implementing an innovative program or initiative. This is your Invitation to Innovation.
Cycle Two Application Process and Timeline* for the 2020-2021 School Year
*Modified based on the application deadline extension.
Eligible applicants include principals of neighborhood schools that have not previously received funding through OTI. Innovation Schools, Transformation Schools, and wall-to-wall Magnet Schools are not eligible for funding. Neighborhood schools with Magnet or other application-based programs may apply for an initiative that will support their general student body.
If you are unsure of your school's eligibility, please reach out to Shakeatha Butler using the contact information below to confirm.
The Innovation Engine program is designed to be accessible and seamless for all school teams. Applicants and grantees must fulfill the following limited requirements to participate:
- Submit a brief proposal by the stated deadline using the application form linked below.
- If selected, participate in a fall and spring campus visit or support meeting with District staff.
- Additional support and professional development resources will be made available to awardess upon request.
- Application Form
- Applications may be handwritten or typed. In order to type your application, first download and save the form to your computer; do not complete the form in a browser window as your work will not be saved. Due to variability in technology platforms, we strongly recommend confirming the application form's compatibility with your system including the ability to save a typed copy of the form prior to completing the application. Contact Shakeatha Butler using the information at the bottom of this page with any questions.
- Upload a scanned copy of your completed application form to Innovation Engine Application Submission Portal by 4:59 pm on October 16, 2020 NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE
- Information Sessions
- Sign-up for Live Q & A Virtual Information Sessions here
Questions? Contact OTI Director, Shakeatha Butler, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-925-3419.