Montessori Teacher Pipeline
Dallas ISD is highly dedicated to responding to the increased interest in Montessori education. One of our goals is to ensure that we have highly trained and certified teachers in our Montessori classrooms. In order to do this, the office of Transformation and Innovation is currently offering to cover the costs of AMI or AMS Montessori teacher certifications to eligible Dallas ISD teachers. Eligible teachers have a minimum of three years of teaching experience with a TEI Effectiveness level of Proficient I or higher.
If you find yourself interested in becoming a Montessori teacher for the 2022-2023 school year, we encourage you to review the outline below with application dates and training information. In addition to completing the Dallas ISD Montessori Teacher Interest Form for no later than January 14, 2022 consideration and next steps. Teachers who complete the program requirements will be eligible for hire at one of our seven Montessori campuses.
The Montessori Teacher Pipeline program is designed for Dallas ISD teachers who are interested in working in one of our seven Montessori schools and would like to receive Montessori training and certification. Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for the program:
- Teaching certificate in an elementary or middle grades core subject area, bilingual certification is highly desired
- TEI rating of Proficient I or higher
- Submission of all required documentation
- Three years of teaching in Dallas ISD
Learn more and submit an interest form using the following resources:
- Montessori Webinar slide deck available here
- Hear what others have to say about the training here
- Complete and submit your Interest Form
- Find out more about Shelton Montessori Training
Questions? Contact Dallas ISD Montessori Coordinator, Veronica Sias, at email@example.com.