All times for bus stops are approximate as there are several variables which may contribute to arrival times such as weather, traffic and other unexpected factors.
Special Services Transportation Guidelines
BUS SCHEDULES/ BUS ROUTES
- The Student Transportation Services Department will communicate to parents the exact date service will begin.
- The special services routes are not published.
- All times provided for bus stops are approximate.
- Bus routes mainly consist of one address for pick-up and one address for drop-off, five days a week.
- All buses will wait at a student’s stop for 3 minutes before continuing to their next stop.
PICKUP AND DELIVERY
- Students will not be picked up or delivered outside the boundaries of the Dallas Independent School District.
- Driver and bus attendants are not be permitted to carry students on and off the bus.
- Students must be able to walk on/off or use a lift with a secure and approved wheelchair.
- Scooters and stroller-type wheel chairs are not compliant with Federal Safety Standards and will not be permitted during transport.
- At drop off, if no adult is present to receive the student, the driver will alert dispatch and continue on the route.
- Bus drivers are not authorized to change pickup and/or delivery addresses.
- All wheelchairs must be compliant with Federal & State Standards.
- All wheelchairs must be secured with 4 securements and a shoulder lap belt.
- Brakes and head and/or foot supports must always be tight and secure.
- Parents are responsible to make sure the wheelchair is safe and compliant for transport.
LIFTS: Only DISD employees may operate bus lifts.
- Students who receive special education services must also receive free transportation to participate in class field trips.
- Buses equipped with a lift are available for field trips.
- The individual requesting transportation for a field trip must include the need for a bus with a lift if one is needed.