New Teacher Mentor Resources 2021-2022
Dallas ISD is committed to supporting beginning teachers with no more than 2 years of teaching experience. School Leadership will follow best practices in Texas Administrative Code §48.114 and 21.458. The Teacher to Teacher Mentor Program will provide opportunities to support beginning teachers, resulting in high-quality instruction, improved student performance, and retention of new educators joining the teaching profession.
The Teacher to Teacher Mentor Program specifically seeks to:
- Provide a campus-based mentor to beginning teachers with no more than 2 years of teaching experience
- Provide effective support to beginning teachers to successfully transition into the teaching assignment
- Coach beginning teachers to improve their performance
- Orient beginning teachers to district and campus policies and procedures
- Assist beginning teachers with connections to district curriculum and curricular resources including formative and summative assessments
- Help beginning teachers build positive relationships to ensure student success
- Provide professional development that includes mentorship best practices to mentors and appropriate campus staff throughout the school year
- Tips For Classroom Management
- Tips For Building Positive Relationships With Students
- Tips For Working With Academically Underprepared Students
- What Can I Do When Students Struggle?
- Tips For Utilizing Classroom Walls
- Classroom Behavior Management: A Dozen Common Mistakes And What To Do Instead by Patricia M. Barbetta, Kathleen Leong Norona, and David F. Bicard
- The Key To Classroom Management by Robert J. Marzano and Jana S. Marzano
- Using Teacher Praise And Opportunities To Respond To Promote Appropriate Student Behavior by Tara C. Moore Partin, Rachel E. Robertson, Daniel M. Maggin, Regina M. Oliver, and Joseph H. Wehby
- Social And Emotional Learning: Whatever. You Think I Care?
- Dodging The Power-Struggle Trap