New Teacher Mentor Resources
Dallas ISD is committed to supporting beginning teachers in their first or second year of teaching. In partnership with Professional & Digital Learning, Human Capital Management will follow best practices in Texas Administrative Code §48.114 and 21.458. The Teacher Mentor Program will provide opportunities to support beginning teachers, resulting in high-quality instruction, improved student performance, and retention of new educators joining the teaching profession.
The Teacher Mentor Program specifically seeks to:
- Provide a campus-based mentor to beginning teachers in their first or second year of teaching
- Provide effective support to beginning teachers to successfully transition into the teaching assignment
- Coach beginning teachers to improve their performance
- Orient beginning teachers to district and campus policies and procedures
- Assist beginning teachers with connections to district curriculum and curricular resources, including formative and summative assessments
- Help beginning teachers build positive relationships to ensure student success
- Provide professional development that includes mentorship best practices to mentors and appropriate campus staff throughout the school year
Resources for beginning teachers and their mentors are available at https://sites.google.com/dallasisd.org/disdpdl/mentor-teachers/mentor-teacher-resources?authuser=0.