Dallas ISD recognizes that technology plays an integral role in the learning experience. Technology has changed the dynamics of today’s classroom. The learning environment is no longer confined to a single classroom where lecture and transfer of knowledge happens from the front of the classroom. The Technology Long Range Master Plan focuses on modernizing systems, pedagogy and practices infused with technology, in support of the Dallas ISD Learning by Design framework.
The 1:1 program is part of the Technology Long Range Master Plan which strives to transform teaching and learning in Dallas ISD classrooms.
This program provides digital devices to students in order to:
- increase student engagement
- personalize instruction to each student’s unique needs, abilities and interests
- provide students with real-world connections
- ensure equity of digital resources
- create collaborative learning environments
- prepare students with the skills needed to be college and career ready