90% of human brain development happens before age 5. In other words, waiting until kindergarten to start teaching our children is already too late. By registering your child in Dallas ISD’s PreK program, you give them the gift of a brighter future. Studies show that children who attend PreK are more likely to succeed in school, more likely to graduate, and more likely to go to college. As adults, they also end up earning higher incomes, on average, than similar students who did not attend PreK.
Children who attend PreK are:
- 5x more likely to be ready for kindergarten
- More likely to succeed in school
- More likely to go to college
- Less likely to drop out
- Less likely to become a teen parent
- Less likely to be arrested for a violent crime
We're Working to Make PreK Available to Everyone!
Dallas ISD offers:
- Free PreK
- Dallas ISD PreK Scholarship
- Tuition-based PreK
- Half-day PreK 3
- Full-day PreK 3
- Full-day PreK 4
- Child-care Partnership Sites
- PreK at Magnet and Transformation Schools (choice application required)
- One-way and Two-way Dual Language PreK
Check out the tabs on the left to learn more about our PreK programs.
2909 N. Buckner Boulevard, Ste. 804
Dallas, TX 75228
PreK Enrollment Hotline