Martinez Library Procedures
- Kindergarten students may check out 1 book. Books are checked out for a period of one week. Teachers will determine if the students will take the books home.
- 1st - 6th Grade students may check out 2 books at a time.
- All library books are checked out for a period of one week.
- Adult patrons (Teachers, staff and Parents) may check out as many items as they wish. Materials are due back the following week, or may be renewed for an additional week if there are no hold requests.
Students are encouraged to make selections based on their interests; however, one selection should be a “Good Fit Book,” which is a book they can read on their own. It is important for students to select books that they want to read, even if it’s not their reading level.
- Additional books may be checked out for classroom projects.
Get a shelf-marker. Use the shelf-marker when looking at books to save the spot of a book pulled off the shelf. This will help you put the book back in its proper place.
Any Dallas ISD student/teacher/faculty member may request to borrow books from other campuses by placing HOLDS on the items needed using the online catalog or asking the librarian for assistance. The User name is your seven digit ID number (teachers may need to add a 10 to the beginning of their number) and the password is the last 4 digits of your ID number.
While there is no fine for overdue books, if a book is lost or damaged it must be paid for. Students who have lost or overdue library books may not check out additional materials until their library account is clear. Students will need to pay for lost or damaged books. Please pay with exact cash (change cannot be made and will not be given).
Important: Students who owe money to the library at the end of the school year will not receive their final report card.
Reading at Home - Students are encouraged to read at least 20 minutes every night. Reading daily will help with fluency, vocabulary and comprehension