Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
The purpose of the Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is to provide information and support to parents of children with disabilities.
The team will also:
- Advise the school district on matters that pertain to the education and safety of students with disabilities.
- Meet with school officials to participate in the planning, development, and evaluation of the district’s special education programs.
- Work collaboratively with the district to improve educational outcomes for students with disabilities.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Director of Special Education to discuss parent concerns and activities of SEPAC.
Teamwork and Collaboration are the core of the Dallas ISD Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
- Help improve educational outcomes for students
- Help shape the development of program services and help identify unmet needs
- Help to improve district culture
General meetings shall be held at least five (5) times per year, from September through June. Notice of all general meetings shall be posted on the Dallas ISD Special Education website.
Upcoming SEPAC Meetings and Agendas
- TBD at the start of the 2021-2022 school year
Thank you SEPAC Members!