WHAT TYPES OF ABSENCES MAY BE EXCUSED?
- Child's illness or injury
- Family emergency
- Death of a family member
- Doctor or dental appointments that cannot be scheduled before or after school hours
- Religious holy days
- Court appearances
HOW TO SUBMIT EXCUSE NOTES
- According to Dallas ISD Policy parents should turn in an excuse note to the
school attendance office within three days of returning to school.
- Excuse notes can be submitted by email to Alecastillo@dallasisd.org.The email above is ONLY for excuse note submission not to request VOEs or Transcripts.
- Excuse notes must include: Student name, ID, grade, date of absence, reason
and parent signature.
- See below to download a blank excuse/absence
Parent/Guardian notes will be required for
Please note: If a student is absent, Parents should always submit an excuse note to the main office when the student returns to school. Excuse notes should have student name, grade, date of absence, reason, and parent signature. Click here to download a blank excuse/absence note (optional).