Anyone who is eligible to take part in the national free or reduced-price school lunch program is also eligible to enroll in Pre-K. To confirm that your child is eligible, you’ll need to provide proof of income. Any of the following can be accepted as proof of income:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) or Medicaid
- Paycheck stubs for every adult member of the household. If you work full-time (at least 40 hours per week), just the most paycheck stub is needed. If you work part-time, the two most recent stubs are required.
- If you are a business owner or self-employed, an IRS 1099 form can be used.
- If you are paid in cash, you’ll need to have your employer fill out an Income Verification Form.
- If you receive social security or child support as income, you will need to submit a court document or income statement showing the amount of income received.
- If any adult member of the household is unemployed or has no income, you will need to fill out a Verification of No Income form.
Other than age, the requirements to enroll in three-year-old Pre-K are the same as for four-year-old Pre-K. You will follow the same registration and enrollment process as four-year-old PreK.
Complete the online application and bring the required documents listed above to your local elementary school during school hours. (If you don’t know the address of your local elementary school, simply use the school zone finder.)
Seats are available, but space is limited. Register TODAY to ensure your child doesn’t get left out!