Business Information Management (BIM I) Course Description
• Word Processing Skills using Microsoft Word– Students are taught advanced word processing skills including formatting, proofreading, desktop publishing and mail merge.
• Spreadsheet Applications using Microsoft Excel- Students become proficient in spreadsheet applications including data entry, formatting, creating formulas, and basic charting.
• Presentation Skills using Microsoft PowerPoint – Students learn the necessary skills to create effective presentations including animations, transitions, clipart manipulation, and design principles.
• Database Applications using Microsoft Access – Students are introduced to basic design and implementation of databases including Tables, Forms, Queries, and Reports.
• Keyboarding and 10-key Skills– Students will do regular timed writings to improve their speed and accuracy on a keyboard. Students will also learn 10-key skills by touch.
• Job Interview Skills – Students will write sample letters of applications, thank you letters, resumes, and fill out job applications. They will also be taught effective ways to interview and proper etiquette for a business environment.
• Miscellaneous – Students will take spelling tests of the 100 most commonly misspelled words in business, learn effective proofreading skills, and effectively setup business documents such as letters and memos.