Alex W. Spence Middle School & Talented and Gifted Academy has been accepted to be a College & Career Preparatory choice school starting the 2021-2022 school year!
What makes us a College & Career Preparatory?
Starting in Fall 2021, Spence will be recognized for the robust programs we offer that support all students' college and career preparation. Some of these programs include:
- Project-based learning with Design Thinking curriculum
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) courses
- College and Career Readiness/Career Investigation courses
- Honors courses available to all students in Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies
- 9 courses offered for High School Credit (Algebra I, Astronomy, English I, Physics, Professional Communications, Spanish I, Spanish II, Spanish III, World Geography)
- Education Opens Doors (non-profit partnership)
- Assessment for Learning (district partnership)
- Institute for Learning (district partnership)
- Numerous extracurricular opportunities
- Advisory College & Career Readiness Skills curriculum
- Explicit skills instruction to develop our 6 essential College & Career Readiness skills