Summer Reading Lists
The following lists contain SUGGESTIONS & REQUIREMENTS. Please, read over your grade level list carefully.
Encourage your student to READ DAILY to not lose any of their hard-won academic excellence over the summer. Listening to AUDIOBOOKS is a great way to spend a car trip or putting together a puzzle while building vocabulary. Find a Book here!
ALSO, students need to be prepared to write a book review or summary of a book they read when they return to campus in August.
Additional places to find great books and recommendations!
- ReadBrightly - Raising kids who love to read!
- Texas Library Association - Expertly curated reading lists and programs for ages 2 - 102
- Association of Library Services 6-8, 3-5, K-2, birth to Pre-K
- ComicsPlus - login through DISD's Clever page or MackinVia, User is their ID # and Password is the last 4 digits of their ID #
- Sora - Download the app or use the website www.soraapp.com. At the bottom "I HAVE A SET UP CODE" dallastx, User is their ID # and Password is the last 4 digits of their ID #