Investing in School Leadership
To be effective, a principal must have knowledge, skills, and talent that cannot be acquired in college courses alone and cannot be mastered without opportunities to learn from outstanding leaders in the profession. That is why Dallas Independent School District has invested in and developed a robust principal pipeline based on national research and strong district programs. Through LEAD (Leader Excellence, Advancement & Development), the district is committed to attracting, preparing and supporting effective leaders.
- Attract greater numbers of talented, diverse individuals to join the ranks of campus leadership
- Partnering with universities such as SMU and UNT-Dallas to develop district-focused master’s programs
- Prepare leaders at all levels by ensuring distributed leadership with ongoing, quality preparation, including hands-on experience and a rigorous process for the selection of principals
- Develop principal capacity by supporting leaders with opportunities for ongoing learning for increased effectiveness
- Retain our most promising and effective leaders