It is our mission to help our students and their families. This year we want to make any resources available to our families. This tab will publish job opportunities, workshops we host for students and families. Please visit it often to find out about opportunities in the DFW area.
New Job OpportunityNew Job Opportunity
We have a great opportunity to share with you for your 2020 and 2021 graduates! Texas Health Resources (THR), the industry partner from Conrad H-TECH, is recruiting candidates for their Patient Care Technician Apprenticeship (see attached program one-pager for details).
THR has decided to open this opportunity to all eligible students at DISD P-TECH high schools with the goal of enrolling 10 graduates into the program:
If you are interested please send an email expressing your interest to THRUGrants@texashealth.org by no later than 7/31/21.I can help you if you are needing assistance. Please let me know if you are interested.
- The program is time-intensive and requires a commitment of 36 hours per week.
- Pass the National Health Career Association exam to become a Certified Patient Care Technician.
- Complete 2,000 on-the-job learning hours.
- Full participation and attendance are required to remain in the program
- Work as a full-time Patient Care Technician for a period of 1 year at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Required to meet all performance and behavioral expectations set forth by Texas Health
- Starting wage is approximately $13 per hour (still being finalized
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- PCT Application deadline is 8/11/2021
- Program starts 8/30/2021