As Dallas County goes back to the red risk level and the number of positive COVID-19 cases is on the rise, we ask our families to continue taking measures to stop the spread of the virus and create a safe learning environment for our students.
For this reason, Dallas ISD asks its students, staff, and families to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Continue wearing masks when inside schools and on district property. Because Omicron is more contagious than previous variants, we recommend wearing the highest quality mask available.
- Schools will have COVID testing supplies available. Students and campus staff must sign a consent form to get tested, including the school’s access code. Students under 18 years of age need consent from their parents.
- For anyone testing positive, the district will follow the new five-day isolation period recommended by the CDC. If students display symptoms, we ask their families to keep them at home.
- In case of close contact with someone who has tested positive:
- If the student is unvaccinated, quarantine them at home for five days and contact their health care provider.
- If the student is fully vaccinated and not displaying any symptoms, they can return to school and must remain masked at all times.