Dallas ISD creates a welcoming and supportive environment for clinical teachers to grow professionally and to be prepared for their teaching experience. We fulfill this mission by offering our best teachers to mentor, hosting career workshops to prepare future teachers for interviews, and providing support for clinical teachers to navigate the district. Over 70% of clinical teachers were able to secure a full-time teaching position at Dallas ISD at the conclusion of their clinical teaching experience.
You can read about some our spotlight student teachers here. To learn more about the program, check out our video to see what a clinical teacher's day looks like in Dallas ISD and read our brochure to see the benefits of the program.
**We are currently accepting requests from colleges, universities, alternative certification programs, and their affiliated program personnel. If you are interested in clinical teaching, please have your Educator Preparation Program representative contact the Student Teachers Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Here are the steps to becoming a Clinical Teacher with Dallas ISD:
- Have your Educator Preparation Program director, supervisor, or coordinator connect with the Student Teachers Coordinators at email@example.com.
- Complete the Dallas ISD - Spring 2023 Placement Requests form once received from the Student Teacher Coordinator.
- Complete the Spring 2023 Student Teaching application.
- The background department will send you an email to set up an appointment for fingerprints. Applicants will then receive an email within 24 to 72 hours notifying them of their background clearance status.
- Student Teachers Coordinator will send an invite to sign up for an appointment to receive your District badge.
- Student Teachers Coordinator will connect with you regarding your campus placement.
Please note the following:
- Placement availability is limited; therefore, we ask placement requests to be made as soon as possible.
Students are strongly discouraged from reaching out to principals or individual teachers requesting placement. All requests must go through the Human Capital Management department.
If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact the Student Teacher Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.