What are the requirements for substitute teachers?
- Completion of Online Application
- Minimum of 60 college hours, preferred
- Completion of Background Check & Fingerprinting
- Official College or High School Transcript
How do I apply for substitute teaching in Dallas ISD?
- You will need to access the application system HERE
How often are substitute assignments available?
- Substitutes are needed on a daily basis. As a substitute, you will need to log into the Absence Management System to accept available assignments.
When are substitutes paid?
- Biweekly CLICK HERE
How many days in a month can a substitute work?
- Substitutes are required to work a minimum of 5 days per month, however, we highly encourage substitutes to accept more than the minimum requirements to ensure all classes are covered in the absence of the teacher.
How are long-term assignments offered to substitutes?
- Long-term assignments are assigned based on District needs, substitute availability and performance.
Do substitutes work during the summer?
- No, substitutes are not eligible to work during the summer, however Intercession & Redesign campuses have an extended school calendar year in which substitutes are eligible to accept assignments based on availability.