Futsal is a type of indoor soccer that is played on a smaller, typically rectangular, field. It is a fast-paced and dynamic sport that emphasizes technique, ball control, and quick thinking. Some key features of futsal include:
- Smaller playing surface: Futsal is played on a smaller, usually basketball-sized, court with walls or boards surrounding it.
- Reduced player numbers: Futsal is typically played by teams of five players, including a goalkeeper.
- Reduced bounce ball: Futsal uses a smaller, heavier ball with less bounce than a traditional soccer ball, which allows for closer ball control and a faster, more fluid style of play.
- Unlimited substitutions: Unlike soccer, there are no restrictions on the number of substitutions that can be made in futsal.
- Shot clock: Futsal games typically have a shot clock, which limits the amount of time a team can possess the ball in their own half.
- Futsal is a sport that is growing in popularity globally, particularly in South America and Europe. It is known for its emphasis on creativity, technical skills, and teamwork, making it an exciting and challenging sport for players of all ages and abilities.