How to Apply
This is a Transformation School.
Transformation Schools are brand-new Dallas ISD schools. They offer specialized academic programming, similar to Magnet Schools, but they do not have academic entry requirements. These schools do not have attendance boundaries; any student can apply to attend a Transformation School no matter where they live. Students are selected for enrollment through a randomized lottery, and transportation is provided for students living within Dallas ISD boundaries.
iLearn Student Success Criteria
In the preceding school year:
- The student may not have 10% or more unexcused absences
- The student must have received an end-of-year grade of “C” or higher for all courses.
- The student must have achieved satisfactory achievement or higher on each STAAR assessment administered. For students who did not take STAAR, other criterion or norm-referenced assessments will be reviewed.
- November 1 - January 31: Application Window (Round 1)
- March: Offer or waitlist status notifications will be emailed to parent/guardian
- Decision deadline: Accept the enrollment offer by the designated deadline
- March - August/Beginning of School Year: Waitlisted students will be contacted if seats become available. During this Round 2 application window, schools that do not fill after the initial application window may accept additional applications through the Choose Dallas ISD system. Applications received in this Round 2 application window will be placed at the end of the existing waitlist in a first-come, first-served manner.
After accepting an enrollment offer, please complete your child’s registration at Smart Choice powered by SchoolMint®.
For additional information, please visit https://www.dallasisd.org/choosedallasisd.
Research shows socio-economically diverse schools offer better learning environments for all students, no matter their background. Dallas ISD has adopted this approach for several of its Transformation Schools. A computerized lottery weighted to achieve 50/50 socioeconomic diversity determines which applicants are awarded open spots at this school.