How We Communicate
Who We Are
The Communication Services Department is a group of dedicated individuals committed to sharing the story of Dallas ISD. By seeking to connect all stakeholders with the common purpose of graduating students who are ready for college and the workforce, Communication Services is creating a strong district presence in our schools and community. Communications is comprised of several divisions: Call Center, Dallas Schools Television, Messaging and Marketing, News and Information, Translations, and Web Services.
The Dallas ISD story is remarkable and filled with the accomplishments of its students, staff, and schools; exciting programs, initiatives, and partnerships; and the good news that makes Dallas ISD a great place for students and parents, as well as a valuable partner in the community and the City of Dallas.
Communication Services produces accurate and timely information about the district through a variety of communication channels designed to reach every audience. From the district website, Facebook and Twitter, to the district's online newsroom The Hub, CAPE and Same Page, Communication Services utilizes the most up-to-date technology for quick dissemination of information keeping all stakeholders in touch with the heartbeat of the district.
What We Do
- Distribute news and information to multiple audiences using a variety of communication methods.
- Respond with accurate and timely information to media requests.
- Encourage and promote media coverage of district events and achievements.
- Create programming for Dallas Schools TV, the district"s cable channel.
- Build community support for Dallas ISD. Partner with Dallas ISD.
- Develop new ways to effectively distribute information.
- Create and maintain a strong district presence with internal and external audiences.
How We Do It
- Maintain district website, www.dallasisd.org, to provide comprehensive information about the district.
- Maintain an internal district website for staff.
- Provide continuous news about the personalities, places and perspectives of the district on The Hub, Dallas ISD's online newsroom.
- Use Facebook to distribute district news and information to Facebook users.
- Share the district’s story through photos with Flickr.
- Produce Same Page for district employees.
- Distribute news via E-News e-mail.
- Use of School Messenger automated telephone notification system.
- Produce news releases and coordinate news conferences.
- Create district advertisements placed in publications.
- Create brochures, posters and other materials to be distributed at campuses.
- Production of DSTV programming in English and Spanish.
- Partner with organizations to distribute programming and information.
- Coordinate district participation in community events and forums.
Why We Do It
- Deliver important, accurate information to parents, students and the community.
- Recognize the achievements of students, staff and the district as a whole.
- Promote transparency in government.
- Build trust and strengthen positive perceptions of the district.
- Encourage investment in the district"s public education efforts.
- Share the remarkable story of Dallas ISD.