Student Enrollment Information 2020-2021 School Year
To apply for specialty schools and programs for the 2021-2022 school year click here.
Welcome to the Dallas ISD Enrollment page. We are excited that you have chosen to educate your child in Dallas ISD and want to ensure that we make the enrollment process as clear and seamless as possible. Read below for information on who can enroll in Dallas ISD, how to enroll in Dallas ISD and what you will need to complete your enrollment. Go here for a step by step parent enrollment guide.
How to enroll in Dallas ISD for the 2020-2021 School Year
Elementary and secondary parents and families can enroll students in Dallas ISD online for the 2020-2021 school year. You will need a Parent Portal Account to enroll.
Creating a Parent Portal Account
- Online Enrollment: Parents and guardians may register online at https://dallasisd.powerschool.com/public. To create a new Parent portal account, unlock an existing account, or associate new students with an existing account, please contact your local campus to assist with account access and to obtain your student’s Access ID code. For security purposes, this code is provided by the school. Not sure which school to contact? Please try the online school locator to find your closest campus.
- Pre-K Enrollment: Visit www.dallasisd.org/prek.
If you have any questions or need help with enrollment, please call (972) 925-5560. For questions or help with pre-k enrollment, please call (214) 932-7735.
You have a legal right to enroll in a free public school
Students at least 5 years of age and under 21 years of age on September 1 of the school year and who have not graduated from high school are entitled to a free public education in Dallas schools. They must reside within the district's attendance boundaries and provide satisfactory evidence of required immunizations. Or apply for an out of district transfer, for more information on out of district applications visit www.dallasisd.org/studenttransfers.
- Students receiving special education services who are 21 years of age on September 1 are eligible to receive services through the end of the school year or until graduation, whichever comes first.
- To be enrolled in a prekindergarten program, a child must be at least 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year and meet one of the following criteria:
- be unable to speak and comprehend English
- come from a family whose income, according to the standards set by the State Board of Education, is at or below the subsistence level established by the state of Texas and according to federal guidelines
- be eligible for services for the homeless
- Federal law ensures that all students have equal access to basic public education regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, or the status of their parents or guardians.
How to apply for CHIP or Medicaid coverage
For information on the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Children's Medicaid, and the application for CHIP Perinatal, call the Dallas ISD School Health and Related Services (SHARS) Department at (972) 581-4372.