Welcome to the Dallas ISD Enrollment page. We are excited that you have chosen to educate your child in Dallas ISD and want to ensure that we make the enrollment process as clear and seamless as possible. Read below for information on who can enroll in Dallas ISD, how to enroll in Dallas ISD and what you will need to complete your enrollment.
How to enroll in Dallas ISD.
Elementary and secondary parents and families can enroll students in Dallas ISD in person or online.
- Online Enrollment: For elementary and secondary online enrollment, once the application is completed online, parents and families are required to submit certain documents in person on the student’s assigned campus to complete enrollment. Parents and families can access online enrollment at www.dallasisd.org/onlineenrollment.
- Paper Enrollment: For paper enrollment, visit your child’s assigned campus with the appropriate documents based on whether your child is a new or returning student. Parents and families can access the documents needed for paper enrollment at www.dallasisd.org/paperenrollment.
- Pre-K Enrollment: Visit www.dallasisd.org/prek.
For more information regarding enrollment in Dallas ISD, call (972) 925-5860 or email us at email@example.com.
You have a legal right to enroll in a free public school
Students ages 5 to 21 who have not graduated from high school are entitled to a free public education in Dallas schools if they meet the age requirements for enrollment on Sept. 1. Students over the age of 21 can enroll into a Dallas ISD High School if required by law. They must reside within the district's attendance boundaries and provide satisfactory evidence of required immunizations. Or apply for an out of district transfer, for more information on out of district applications visit www.dallasisd.org/studenttransfers.
- Students receiving special education services may continue to be enrolled in school until they are 22 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year.
- To be enrolled in a prekindergarten program, a child must be at least 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year and meet one of the following criteria:
- be unable to speak and comprehend English
- come from a family whose income, according to the standards set by the State Board of Education, is at or below the subsistence level established by the state of Texas and according to federal guidelines
- be eligible for services for the homeless
- Federal law ensures that all students have equal access to basic public education regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, or the status of their parents or guardians.
Determine whether your child is a new or returning student
- New Student: A student who is completely new to Dallas ISD, has never attended a Dallas ISD school, or has never received services from Dallas ISD. or has been in school outside of the district for more than five consecutive years.
- If a NEW student, go to your student’s assigned campus IN PERSON with the required five pieces of documentation to complete the registration/enrollment process. The five pieces of documentation are:
- Proof of Residency (i.e., utility bill, lease, etc.)
- Updated immunization records
- Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security card(If applicable)
- Previous School records
- Returning Student: Returning students are students who are coming back to Dallas ISD.
- If a RETURNING student, go to your student’s assigned campus IN PERSON with the following documentation to complete the registration/enrollment process:
- Proof of Residency (i.e., utility bill, lease, etc.)
How to Enroll: Pre-K, Elementary and Secondary Students
- Pre-K Students: Click here to learn more information about Pre-K registration and enrollment.
- New & Returning Elementary School Students: Enroll with the computer records clerk at the neighborhood elementary school, or for select elementary schools, you can enroll online.
- New & Returning Middle and High School Students: Enroll in the school registrar's office, or for select middle and high, schools you can enroll online.
If parents and families prefer to complete the enrollment process in person, please visit, www.dallasisd.org/paperenrollment or visit your student’s assigned campus.
The district's magnet school system is made of magnets for high school students, academies for middle school students, and vanguards for elementary school students. The schools provide career-oriented or specialized curriculum in addition to academic subjects.
Dallas ISD new Transformation Schools offer specialized academic programming, similar to Magnet Schools. Transformation Schools are open enrollment districtwide and tap into students’ individual interests, learning styles, and aspirations. Transportation will be provided.
Health Insurance Program
For more information about the Children's Health Insurance Program, Children's Medicaid, and Children's perinatal application, call the Dallas ISD Medicaid Coordination Services at (972) 581-4793.
- Application Information for Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Children's Medicaid, and CHIP Perinatal
- Información sobre la solicitud para el Programa de seguro médico para niños (CHIP), Medicaid para niños y CHIP Perinata
Frequently Asked Questions
My child attends a Dallas ISD Magnet School, School of Choice or special enrollment school. Can I register my child online?
Yes. If your child attends a Dallas ISD Magnet School, School of Choice or another special enrollment school, you can enroll your child online.
Please visit www.dallasisd.org/prek
What if I want to go to a different Dallas ISD school other than the one that is assigned to my student?
Online Enrollment only supports addresses that reside within the Dallas ISD school zones.
To learn more about school choice, click here or contact the Office of Transformation and Innovation at (972) 925-3306
You must complete a Student Residency Questionnaire form and bring to the campus.
What if I have more than one student in the district enrolling? Do I need a separate form for each child?
Online Enrollment is designed to minimize data entry by parents. Common information can be shared for all students in the family, but certain information is specific to each student.
You can edit information until the forms are submitted. Once submitted, the school data staff can make corrections per your request during the visit to your assigned school
The person enrolling the student must be the parent or legal guardian of the student.
Your online enrollment forms will stay active until the last day of the online enrollment window.
Exceptions: Pre-K and early childhood students must also register on their campus. Please visit www.dallasisd.org/prek for more information.
For questions concerning enrollment, contact our enrollment hotline at (972) 925-5860 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.