***Just a reminder, Dallas ISD start times have changed this year. Elementary school will begin at 7:55 am. Please have your student at school and ready for community circle by 7:45am.
- Supervision starts at 7:30 a.m. in the auditorium. Please do not drop your child off before this time.
- Breakfast is served in the classroom each morning following announcements. Please have your student here by 7:55am so that they do not miss this important meal.
- School starts at 7:55 a.m. Please have your child dropped off by this time. In the event you’re late, escort your child to the front entrance, a teacher assistant will escort your child to class. If there isn’t a teacher assistant on duty please sign in at the front office.
- Always use the front entrance when entering the building.
- Always cross at the two designated crossing locations by the staff parking lot or at Calculus Dr. and Haydale Dr. An administrator, teacher or teacher assistant will greet and help students and parents at crosswalks.
- Students who ride the bus will be dropped off in front of the school. An administrator, teacher or teacher assistant will greet them and escort students to the Auditorium.
- Unless all business can be taken care of in the office, please sign in and get a visitor’s pass before entering other parts of the building. Return pass before leaving. **You will need your Driver's license or ID to do this**
- When visiting your child’s teacher, please make an appointment to see him/her during their planning period only! If an emergency arises, please let the office know and we will assist you.
- If you have to pick up your child early, please show your ID to the office staff first. Please do not send anyone to get your child if he/she is not on the enrollment form. We will not release your child if this happens.
- We do not get into custody issues. If there is one, please send all court documents to the office, and we will contact Dallas ISD Legal Services for clarification. Legal guardianship DOES NOT terminate the rights of the other BIOLOGICAL PARENT.
- Always use the front entrance when entering the building. Obey all building signs.
- Parents are welcomed to have lunch with their child on Fridays only. Please refrain from bringing young children and strollers, as this is a safety risk in the even of an emergency during lunch hour.
- You will need a tag assigned to your student placed in your vehicle for pick up in the car line. Please see front office if you do not have, or have misplaced your tags.
- Know your child’s after school activities.
- Always pick up your child on time
o By 3:15 p.m. if no after-school activities.
o By 5:30 on tutoring days.
o By sponsor designed time if in other activities, i.e. Choir, Orchestra, etc.
- Students who ride the bus will be picked up from their classrooms by an administrator, teacher or teacher assistant to escort them to the bus.
- Students who are picked up by a daycare bus will wait in the front of the school with an administrator, teacher or teacher assistant.
- Never allow your child to cross the street alone.
- Always cross at the two designated crossing locations by the staff parking lot and at Calculus Dr. and Haydale Dr. An administrator, teacher or teacher assistant greet and help students and parents at crosswalks.
- Do not signal for your child to cross the street at any time.
- Park on the side of the street in the same direction you are driving. Do not cross over and park facing the opposite direction
- Always drive the posted school zone speed limit (20 MPH).
- Look for other students crossing the street unsupervised.
- Do not leave your car unattended.
- Always buckle up-all passengers.
- Follow all safety driving rules at all times.
- Do not allow your child to ride in the back of a pick-up truck.
If we work together to accomplish the above goals all students will be safe. Administration will monitor the effectiveness of these tips for future improvement.
Thank you for your cooperation and support in this very, very important matter.