Make a difference in a child’s education
Research indicates that early intervention proves to be effective with children who need reading support. With individualized tutoring from caring community volunteers, the number of children who experience significant challenges is greatly reduced.
The Bryan Adams Roaring Readers program is designed to reach the highest number of students and provide maximum educational benefits. “Learning to read”, and subsequently, “reading to learn” is critical in a student’s early education. Our ultimate goal is to build strong readers and learners.
Volunteers make the greatest impact early in a students’ literacy journey. By offering a personalized reading experience to our Bryan Adams students, you spark a passion for learning and success.– Jo Anne Hughes, Ph.D., Executive Director
Benefits of Tutoring
- Increases vocabulary and comprehension across subjects
- Grows their “appetite” for reading
- Builds awareness and empathy, allowing students to understand something without experiencing it
- Encourages fluent reading, including how to read language, punctuation and sounding out new or challenging words
- Creates a unique, individualized learning experience which improves students’ attitudes about school and learning, as well as, about themselves
Sign up today to make an impact!
Step one: Select a school.
Step two: Click on the icon, which will take you to the opportunity listing on dallasisd.voly.org where you can register to become a volunteer
Step three: Follow the directions for registering – you will need to search for the opportunity again once you’ve registered! – and follow all instructions for signing up to become a Bryan Adams Roaring Reader!