Oran M. Roberts Elementary
School Parent Compact
Student’s Name: ____________________________________________
Teacher’s Name: ____________________________________________
I want my child to achieve. Therefore, I shall strive to:
· See that my child is punctual and strives for 100% attendance and contact the school if my child is absent. (Have my child in school at or before 7:45 a.m.)
· Support the school in its efforts to maintain proper discipline.
· Ensure my child wears his/her uniform daily. (Navy or black bottoms, white or light blue tops)
· Provide a quiet, well lighted study area with necessary materials to complete homework.
· Ensure my child reads at least 20 minutes every night.
· Establish a time and place for homework and check the work nightly:
My child’s homework place is ____________________________________
My child’s homework time is ____________________________________
My child’s reading time is: ______________________________________
· Talk with my child about his/her school activities every day.
· Attend conferences, look at & behavior charts & school work, and call the school as needed to monitor my child’s progress.
Parent Signature: _____________________________________________________
It is important that students achieve. Therefore, I shall strive to:
· Provide homework assignments for students a minimum of twice a week.
· Encourage students and parents by providing information about student academic social and behavior progress.
· Provide motivating authentic learning experiences in my classroom.
· Explain my expectations, instructional goals, and grading system to students and parents.
· Update student grades on a weekly basis to maintain Parent Portal up to date.
Teacher’s Signature: _____________________________________________________
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. Therefore, I shall strive to:
· Achieve 100% attendance.
· Wear my uniform daily.
· Come to school each day with pencils, paper, and other necessary tools for learning.
· Work as hard as I can on my school assignments, complete and return homework assignments.
· Read every day for at least 20 minutes
· Follow the Code of Student Conduct by choosing to follow the rules and exemplify positive behavior.
· Know that I will learn!
Student’s Signature: ______________________________________