· Students at the Center; Structure at the Forefront
· Hands on materials, developed to enable discovery, self-correction, independence
· Working and learning matched to the social development of the child
· Uninterrupted work periods
· Mixed age classrooms
· School meets needs of the student
· Process-focused assessment, skills checklist, mastery benchmarks
Montessori Areas of Learning
· Practical Life
· Language and Literacy
· Cultural Subjects
· Natural & Experimental Sciences
· Creative Arts
Mixed-Aged ClassroomsPrimary: PreK3, PreK4 and Kinder StudentsLower Elementary: 1st, 2nd and 3rd gradeUpper Elementary: 4th, 5th and 6th grade
View our recent Montessori Presentation for more information.
Learn more about how Montessori works in Primary (Presentation,Slides), Lower Elementary (part 1, part 2), Upper Elementary and Middle School classrooms at Mata.