*If all of the available interview slots are full, you may come to the hotel on a "walk-in" basis. We will do our best to meet with everyone.
Puerto Rico Applicants
Talent Acquisition’s mission is to build relationships by creating a diverse and highly-qualified candidate pool to help increase student achievement. As part of our recruitment efforts to hire effective and dedicated teachers, we will be cultivating relationships with universities and reaching out to certified bilingual educators in Puerto Rico. We are proud to say that Dallas ISD has hired over 200 Puerto Rican teachers. Here is an article on a Teacher's Journey That Began in Puerto Rico.
The Talent Acquisition will recruit, screen and recommend teachers that align with the Core Beliefs of Dallas ISD. We are planning to recruit certified bilingual teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. Teachers seeking to work at Dallas ISD can complete the out-of-state process or degreed individuals interested in becoming a teacher can apply to our Compass Alternative Certification Program. We will be interviewing for our district on September 20-24, 2017 at the Hyatt House in San Juan. Click here for more information on transferring your license to Texas.
· Elementary Bilingual Teachers Range from Pre-K through 5th grade and High School Spanish, English, ESL, Math and Science
Signing Incentives & Annual Stipend:
· Limited number of incentives available. Amounts and criteria subject to change based on board approval.
Facts About Dallas ISD:
· Our Teacher Excellence Initiative gives effective teachers the chance to earn higher salaries at a faster rate.
· Our multi-language education program offers dual-language classes in 143 schools, making it the largest in the U.S.
Certifications Required for out of state process:
· Pre-school Level; Level K-3; Level K-6; Level 4-6; High School Spanish; High School English, and ESL, Math, Science
Requirements for Compass Alternative Certification Teacher Academy:· A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
· 2.75 overall GPA on degree conferred
· English fluency and proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing