Clinton P. Russell Elementary School is located in the southwest quadrant of Dallas and is a neighborhood school with single-family dwellings surrounded by small community businesses.
In the school year 2013-2014, Russell Elementary became a PK-5 campus. The school bases its priorities on the needs of its student population in fourth and fifth grade. Russell's ethnic population is 81.3 percent Hispanic, 17.39 percent African American, and 1.3 percent Anglo. This cultural diversity is embraced and nurtured in all aspects of the school environment throughout the school year. Russell's faculty and staff are committed to providing and implementing a balanced yet rigorous academic curriculum for students as they become college and workforce ready.
Clinton P. Russell Elementary School, built in 1930, is named after Clinton P. Russell, an active member of the Dallas school board for 10 years, beginning in 1914. Russell served on the Textbooks and Library Committee before being elected president of the board. In 1924, Russell resigned his post for personal reasons.