AttendanceStudent success in school is directly tied to attendance. Responsibility for attending class lies with the student and parent. It is expected that your child attend each day for the duration of school. Attendance counts from 7:45-2:55 each day.
Supervision is not provided for students who arrive prior to 7:15 a.m. School doors open at 7:15 a.m. and school begins at 7:45 a.m. Students arriving after 7:45 a.m. must report to the office to receive a tardy pass.
If a student is absent from class, make sure they bring:
- A note from a parent/guardian stating the date(s) of the absence(s) and the reason (s) for the absence
- A note from the doctor/hospital with the date(s) of the absence(s) and the reason(s) for the absence,within three (3) days of returning back to school.
- Being on time is an important habit for each student to learn. Students are to arrive at school no later than 7:45 a. m. or they will be counted tardy.
- Three (3) Tardies= 1 unexcused Absence.
- Tardy students must receive a Tardy Pass from the main office before entering the classroom.
- Make sure your child is in school on TIME EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
- Make arrangements for students when they are dismissed from school.
- Pre-Kindergarten through Fifth grade students are dismissed at 3:00 p.m. daily.
- At the end of the day, all students will be escorted to the exit doors by an adult. It is not necessary for anyone to come into the building to pick up students.
- Students are expected to stay at school from the time they arrive until the end of the school day.
- If a student has to leave early, a parent/guardian must come to the main office, present proper identification, and check the student out of school.
- If you designate a person to pick up your child, the designee must present a picture ID.
Notify your child’s teacher if a transfer will take place. Transfers are expected when students have moved out of the Felix Botello attendance zone. All transfers must be done in person. In order to have all records cleared, a student must have:
- Turned in all text/library books and/or paid for lost books.
- The custodial parent/guardian will be the only person permitted to complete withdrawal/transfer procedures.
- The campus Data Controller needs a minimum of one (1) day prior notice to prepare students records when withdrawing from school.