9400 North Central Expressway,
Dallas, Texas 75231
School Health and Related Services (SHARS) is a federal program that reimburses school districts for services provided to Medicaid Eligible special education students while they are at school. In order for the district to receive these reimbursements the students must meet the following criteria:
- The student is under 21 years of age.
- The student must be Medicaid-eligible at the time of the service.
- The student must be enrolled in a public school district special education program.
- The service(s) the student receives must be documented in the students Admission, Review, Dismissal/Individual Education Plan (ARD/IEP).
- Covered services must be provided by qualifying personnel who are under contract with/or employed by the school district.