In the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP), students develop through creating, performing and presenting arts in ways that engage and convey feelings, experiences and ideas.It is through this practice that students acquire new skills and master those skills developed in prior learning.
Students have opportunities to function as artists, as well as learners of the arts.
The aims of MYP arts are to encourage and enable students to:
- create and present art
- develop skills specific to the discipline
- engage in a process of creative exploration and (self–)discovery
- make purposeful connections between investigation and practice
- understand the relationship between art and its context
- respond to and reflect on art
- deepen their understand of the world.