Welcome to the JL Long Language & Literature Department!
The AIMS of MYP Language & Literature is to encourage and enable students to:
- use language as a vehicle for thought, creativity, reflection, learning, self-expression, analysis and social interaction
- develop the skills involved in listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing and presenting in a variety of contexts
- develop critical, creative and personal approaches to studying and analyzing literary texts
- engage with text from different historical periods and a variety of cultures
- explore and analyze aspects of personal, host and other cultures through literary and non-literary texts
- explore language through a variety of media and modes
- develop a lifelong interest in reading
- apply linguistic and literary concepts and skills in a variety of authentic contexts.
Language & Literature Team