Primary Campus (LC) PK-3Arris DossCounselor: (972) 502-3855Dr. Tammy VillanuevaCounselor: (972) 749-5019
20 Keys to a Happy Life
1) Compliment 3 people everyday!
2) Watch a sunrise
3) Be the first to say “hello”
4) Treat everyone as you want to be treated
5) Live beneath your means
6) Forget the Joneses
7) Never give up on anybody – miracles happen!
8) Remember someone’s name
9) Be kinder than you have to be
10) Wish not for things, but for wisdom and courage
11) Be tough-minded, but tender hearted
12) Don’t forget that a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated
13) Keep your promises
14) Leave everything better than you found it
15) Show cheerfulness even when you don’t feel it
16) Remember that winners do what losers don’t want to do
17) Remember that overnight success usually takes 15 years
18) When you arrive at your job in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten everyone’s day
19) Don’t rain on other people’s parades
20) Don’t waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them!
Youth & Family Centers
Youth and Family Centers Administrative Office
2909 N. Buckner Blvd., Ste. 504
Dallas, TX 75228
Fax: (214) 932-7587
Support & Services Offered
Mental Health: The Youth and Family Centers provide mental health care for all Dallas ISD students and their families.
Physical Health: Parkland Health and Hospital System at the Youth and Family Centers provides services to all Dallas County Residents ages 4-21 years.
Specialized services: The Dallas ISD Refugee Program provides services to Dallas ISD refugee students and their families, including: orientation to public education, family involvement activities, summer enrichment programs, mental health care, and translation/interpreting services.
Parent & Student Groups
Physical Health Care
Contact the Parkland Medical Appointment Line at 214-266-1257 or your local Youth and Family Center directly for an appointment
Referral from the school nurse
Although children and families need an appointment to be seen for services, same-day visits may be scheduled for sick care
Mental Health Care
Student Support Team
Campus Liaison Assigned to YFC by Principal
Parkland Physical Health Services
Family contacts their neighborhood center directly
Some services require a fee and various methods of payment, including Medicaid, CHIP, Parkland Health Plus, private insurance, and sliding fees, are accepted.