What is college?
· College is a school that you go to after high school where you learn about your career.
· There are many different types of colleges, like 2 year community colleges or 4 year universities.
· There is a college for everyone! No matter what career you want, you can learn about it in college.
Why is going to college important?
· Going to college will help you have the career you want! Many careers require a college degree. Also, going to college gives you some job security.
· The more you learn, the more you earn! College graduates make more money than high school graduates.
· College is FUN! There are lots of exciting things about college like friends, independence, dorm life, college sports, extra-curricular clubs, etc…
What can you do now to prepare for college?
· Decide that you are going to college!
· Come to school every day and work hard! Colleges and other organizations offer scholarships to students with good grades.
· Participate in extra-curricular activities! You can also get scholarships because of your talents outside the classroom.
· Start saving now.