Important Clinic Information...from the desk of Nurse Teeling
Junkins Elementary School is very fortunate to have a full time nurse. I am here five days a week and am usually in my office by 7:30 a.m for any parent that wishes to see me. If you need to see me earlier, email me or call and I will try to accommodate your schedule.
- If a student is injured or becomes ill during the school day, the child will only be released to a parent, guardian or someone authorized by the parent. Your child will not be permitted to walk home alone no matter how close they live to the school.
- Please let me know if there is a medical condition that you feel I need to know about that may affect your child's performance in school. All information will be kept confidential, however, your child's teacher may be notified if there are circumstances that will affect your child's safety while in our care.
- Medications that need to be taken at school must be in an appropriately labeled bottle from your pharmacy. I must have written orders from your doctor stating the medication, dose and time as well as written permission from you. There is a form available that can be downloaded from this website (Medication Release Form) or obtained in my office. Unless there are specific times for a medication ordered by your doctor, medicine that needs to be taken 2 or 3 times a day should be taken at home to avoid disruption of the school day.
- PLEASE DO NOT send medication with your child to the clinic in Ziploc bags, Kleenex or paper towels. I can not give medicine that is not appropriately labeled.
- Please notify the office when there is a change in daytime or work phone numbers. It is very important that we are able to get in touch with you in case of an emergency.Feel free to contact me whenever you have questions or concerns about your child's health or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.